Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year! While you're getting back to business in finding a new home or selling, realtors across the country are putting together their 2012 sales plans.  I think if I could somehow magically see them all and do an analysis, my feeling is that this year will be better than last. Will it be much better? I think the answer will lay in mortgage rates. I am no money market expert but, if we see rates rise consistently for six months, we could see a buying frenzy. If rates don't move, buyers will wait for more price improvements. A good sign I have seen in the last few months is that short sales are not as good deals as they use to be. And frankly, they are more stress for the buyer in the end. My plan this year is modest, but yet better than last year. I plan a big increase in market spending in the Internet and to blog more and give advice. So here it goes. For sellers, I would give this advice. Price it right it will sell. Price it wrong and wait long. To Buyers, I would give this advice, prices and rates are low but the closing process is more complex than before. Be ready for the unexpected and you will get connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment